Friday 17 August 2012

banal and spectacular nationalism

Today's look is brought to you by the notions of banal and spectacular nationalism, of which I have been learning about at uni this week. I live in Aotearoa/ New Zealand but I find it easier to dress in quasi-Americana as opposed to Kiwiana. Possibly everyday I am dressed in Kiwiana, I'm not sure. Devon came over for dinner tonight and was wearing her Elvis t-shirt because it is the 35th anniversary of his death (and also because it is awesome and she got it in GRACELAND) so I will also attribute my U.S. look to a psychic knowing of things to do with Elvis on this day.


Red, white and blue. Looking quite blue there, cheer up guy.  


This brow lasted most of the day and was created with a $2 eye pencil which was purchased at Halloween (another very U.S. notion) to create zombie veins. I wanted glittery eyebrows but the only look I was able to achieve was that of sparkly psoriasis, I am happy with this more muted look - comparatively.  


I can not wear lipstick for more than ten minutes, I'm not into anything that makes me second guess putting food into my mouth. 


And a Lana Del Ray track to close the festivities -  Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment